Treasure Stack - winter 2018 - Eshop Link | Website
Treasure Stack fuses falling block puzzle mechanics with platformer elements to create a gameplay experience unlike anything you've played before. Use your platforming skills to navigate the play field, snatch falling blocks with the grappling hook, and stack them to create matches! Test your skills in Challenge mode, compete with friends in Local Versus mode, or jump into Online Versus and battle head to head!
- Cross-Platform competitive online multiplayer featuring season-based rankings.
- Over a hundred unlockable cosmetic player customizations
- Robust HD Rumble Support. See, hear, and FEEL Treasure Stack’s iconic grappling hook, power-up blocks, and a variety of other in-game interactions.
- Stack anywhere, anytime, with anyone! 1-4 local and online multiplayer!
Zarvot - October 2018 - EShop Link | Website
Zarvot is a charming arcade shooter about cubes. Play with friends in up to four player Versus mode and shoot lasers at each other on over a dozen destructible maps! And follow the adventures of two cubes in Story Mode as they make the ultimate birthday present to cheer up their best friend.
- Super polished and tightly balanced competitive party game for 2-4 players.
- Charming singleplayer campaign about two cubes putting together a birthday present to cheer up their best friend.
- Deep, intuitive cube gameplay in an ultra-realistic world.
Mineko's Night Market - Early 2019 - EShop Link | Website
You play as Mineko, a curious girl who has just arrived at her new home on a struggling superstitious Japanese-inspired island at the base of Mount Fugu. The locals on the island worship the Sun Cat, Abe. What was always thought to be a long-told myth has the town puzzled, as sightings of Abe have begun to surface among the residents of the island in recent days. Discover the secrets behind the town while managing your daily activities, completing various jobs, ven-turing on whimsical quests, and crafting peculiar items in preparation for the weekly Night Market! Mineko's Night Market is a game that celebrates Japanese culture while introducing a heartwarming story about friendship, tradition, and many, many cats.
- 20+ hours of story-based gameplay that is open-ended for infinite replayability
- Craft peculiar items with the resources you find around the world through a variety of work-bench mini-games
- Befriend and barter with the 80+ townsfolk at the weekly Night Market to sell almost anything you make and find
- Play and compete in a variety of Night Market games like cat racing, octopus pull, and sumo-suit wrestling
Samarui Gunn 2 - 2019 - EShop Link | Website
Samurai Gunn 2 features a new, expansive adventure mode and an updated versus mode. Adventure with a friend through a medieval metropolis on the brink of crisis—fight or fly past your foes to discover the mystery behind Gunn City's ghostly threat. …or battle together with a group of 2-4 friends in versus with improved controls, new levels, and new characters! A princess, a golem, a samurai knight, and a homeless girl all have a part in rewriting the fate of Gunn City forever.
- Armed with a sword, a gunn, and three bullets per life, fight or fly past your foes to discover the mystery behind Gunn City's ghostly threat. Every decision matters, since one hit is all that separates victory from defeat.
- Classic versus mode is back for 2-4 players with improved controls, new levels, and new characters.
- New to Samurai Gunn 2, adventure with a friend through a medieval metropolis on the brink of crisis.
Bullet Age - Novemeber 2018 - EShop Link | Website
The world of New Haven is a wasteland. The ARC empire destroyed it with a single Mutagen Bomb that transformed its creatures to mutated monsters. Join the Gunsword heroes in this classic co-op 2D action-platformer as they become the last hope for the United Resistance. Gain powerful abilities to dash, spin, and blast through creepy creatures, mutated soldiers and huge bosses. It’s up to you to stop the ARC from achieving world domination.
- Play through dozens of meticulously designed levels chock-full of secrets, challenging platforming and over the top bosses that spans over 3 continents.
- Purchase and upgrade weapons with unique parts that will give bullets devastating abilities.
- Full co-op adventure with single Joy-con support and HD rumble to feel each action and help you locate hidden secrets.
The World Next Door - Early 2019 - EShop Link | Website
The World Next Door is a narrative-driven, action-adventure game that follows Jun, a rebellious teen girl trapped in a parallel world inhabited by magical creatures. Inspired by the emotional storytelling and thrilling action of both anime and indie games, players can expect to meet and develop friendships with an eclectic cast of characters while uncovering the mysteries hidden within this world.
- A supernatural, story driven game with action-heavy puzzle battles
- Branching dialogue and reputation systems that affect your relationships with characters in the game
- VS mode available to 2 player local multiplayer
Level Head - November 2018 - EShop Link | Website
Levelhead is a creative platformer for 1-4 players. Run, jump, and warp up the corporate ladder of the Levelhead Division in the single-player campaign, research new elements for your very own level-building workshop, then build and publish levels for the rest of the world to play!
- Responsive, joyful platforming - Take control of GR-18, a delivery robot in-training, as you run, jump, and blast your way across a single player campaign and an endless supply of player-generated levels
- Effortless, dynamic level building - Hop into the Workshop to create your own levels with more than 60 elements including enemies, hazards, paths, switches, secrets, power-ups, and even alternate game modes.
- Couch Co-op Creativity - Levelhead lets you play with up to 4 friends on the same couch for some downright hilarious entertainment. And if you want to really reach for those relationship goals, hop into the Workshop with friends and build levels with everyone at once.
[Untitled Goose Game] - Early 2019 - EShop Link | Website
It’s a lovely morning in the village and you are a horrible goose. Untitled Goose Game combines sandbox-style simulation with slapstick-style shtick and lets players loose on a sleepy village. Make your way around town, from the village green to the high street shops, setting up pranks, stealing hats, and generally ruining everyone’s day.
- Inventive, Sandbox-Style Gameplay
- Multiple Areas and Challenges
Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP - October 2018 - EShop Link | Website
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP is an exploratory adventure with an emphasis on audiovisual style. Traverse a mythic little realm, use a sword to do battle & evoke 'sworcery' to solve mystical musical mysteries. Experience a videogame world that is affected by moon phases & help a wandering warrior monk complete her woeful errand. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP features an album's worth of original music by noted composer Jim Guthrie as well as artwork & designs by Superbrothers Inc, crafted & engineered by videogame wizards at Capy in Toronto, Canada.
- Guide a warrior monk on a laid-back adventure in a bronze age mountain wilderness, overcome occasionally hard-hitting battles & solve mystical, musical puzzles to help The Scythian complete her woeful errand.
- Explore a lavishly-pixelated mythopoetic storyworld affected by real-life moon phases.
- Tip-tap using the Switch console's touch-able Touch screen, in handheld mode held by your hands, docked and using a Joy-Con to point-and-click, or even with a controller.
TowerFall is the ultimate version of the beloved archery combat/party game, featuring all of the content from Ascension and Dark World, and several Switch-exclusive additions! Inspired by classics from the golden age of couch multiplayer, TowerFall centers around hilarious, intense versus matches - best played against friends, sitting cross-legged on the floor within punching distance of each other. The core mechanics are simple and accessible, but hard to master, with a huge amount of gameplay variants, arrow types, power-ups, and levels. And when you need a break from the competition, team up in 1-4 player co-op modes, where you’ll fight off a wide variety of monsters, enemy archers, and bosses. The Switch version includes several new and exclusive features, including 6-player battles utilizing widescreen levels, new gameplay variants, and guest archers Madeline and her reflection Badeline from fan-favorite platformer Celeste!
It’s the biggest Party Pack yet, including the return of the classic pop culture trivia mash-up YOU DON'T KNOW JACK: Full Stream; the game of hilarious hypotheticals Split the Room; the lyric-writing, robot rap battle Mad Verse City; the inventive drawing game Patently Stupid; and the outer space fling-fest Zeeple Dome. Use your phones or tablets as controllers and play with up to 8 players, plus an audience of up to 10,000!
- The pop-culture trivia mash-up YOU DON'T KNOW JACK: Full Stream (1-8 players). The classic returns, full of wild new surprises.
- The what-if game Split the Room (3-8 Players). Create strange and divisive hypothetical situations.
- The lyric-writing game Mad Verse City (3-8 players). Channel your inner MC as a rap battling robot.
- AND MORE!
The wait is over, the worldwide acclaimed game Hyper Light Drifter is finally here with this impressive Special Edition! Runs at 60fps, includes new exclusive content and all the previously released remastered for a perfectly inmersive gaming experience to play anywhere. Explore a beautiful, vast and ruined world riddled with dangers and lost technologies. Echoes of a dark and violent past resonate throughout a savage land, steeped in treasure and blood. Hyper Light Drifter is an action adventure RPG in the vein of the best 16bit classics, with modernized mechanics and designs on a much grander scale.
- Maximum quality 60 fps
- Find secrets with the help of the new outfit
- Freeze your enemies with the Crystal Shot
From the Producer of the original Fallout comes Wasteland 2, the sequel to the first-ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG. The Wasteland's hellish landscape is waiting for you to make your mark... or die trying. With over 80 hours of gameplay, you will deck out your Desert Ranger squad with the most devastating weaponry this side of the fallout zone, test the limits of your strategy skills, and bring justice to the wasteland.
Bastion is an action role-playing experience that redefines storytelling in games, with a reactive narrator who marks your every move. Explore more than 40 lush hand-painted environments as you discover the secrets of the Calamity, a surreal catastrophe that shattered the world to pieces. Wield a huge arsenal of upgradeable weapons and battle savage beasts adapted to their new habitat. Finish the main story to unlock the New Game Plus mode and continue your journey!
- Hours of reactive narration delivers a deep story
- 10+ unique upgradeable weapons to be used
- 6 powerful Bastion structures to be discovered
- New Game Plus' and 'Score Attack' modes unlocked after finishing the story
As a demon army besieges his village, a young ninja ventures through a cursed world, to deliver a scroll paramount to his clan’s survival. What begins as a classic action platformer soon unravels into an expansive time-traveling adventure full of thrills, surprises, and humor.
- Dynamic, acrobatic gameplay and ultra tight controls worthy of an epic ninja adventure
- Character upgrades, new abilities, hidden levels, and branching paths to discover.
- Meticulously designed 8-bit and 16-bit sprites, animations, and backgrounds in the spirit of the classics.
The world-famous indie RPG UNDERTALE comes to Nintendo Switch! Fall into the underworld and explore a hilarious and heartwarming world full of dangerous monsters. Date a skeleton, dance with a robot, cook with a fishwoman...or destroy everyone where they stand. The future is yours to determine!
Transistor is a sci-fi themed action RPG that invites you to wield an extraordinary weapon of unknown origin as you fight through a stunning futuristic city. Transistor seamlessly integrates thoughtful strategic planning into a fast-paced action experience, melding responsive gameplay and rich atmospheric storytelling. Fight your way through the streets of Cloudbank, and piece together the Transistor's mysteries as you pursue its former owners.
- Action-packed real-time combat fused with a robust strategic planning mode
- Configure the powerful Transistor with thousands of possible Function combinations
- 'Recursion' option introduces procedural battles after finishing the story
Dragon MFD is a 2D side-scrolling action RPG game where up to 4 players can play together in either local multiplayer or online multiplayer. Refreshing, feel-good level designs based around intuitive 2D-action-based gameplay await!
- Play through the game as one of four Dragonkin characters!
- Each playable character has different strengths and abilities!
- A fascinating and immersive dark fantasy world!
- Battle against gargantuan bosses!
- Dozens and dozens of hours worth of gameplay!
What do skulking thieves do after a night of procuring shady spoils? They gather at a favorite tavern and wager it away on a friendly game of Light Fingers! Played on a magical clockworks game board, this turn-based multiplayer game has real-time action and devious opportunities for misdirection, all in the pursuit of securing more loot than your opponents. For friends among thieves, bragging rights for the most deft are the biggest steal of all.
- Local pick-up-and-play for you and up to 3 of your closest frenemies.
- Single player campaign to prove your worth to Guild Master Kaw!
- Secret cards to play and strategic moves to make; dungeon challenges test your reflexes and cunning!
Desert Child - December 2018 - EShop Link | Website
In Desert Child, you are a young and talented hoverbike racer who needs to figure out how you can scrape enough cash together through racing and odd jobs to punch your one-way ticket to the Red Planet to enter the biggest race in the universe, the Grand Prix. You'll deliver pizzas, collect gun parts, hunt bounties, and make some fans along the way. In between races, you'll explore colorful cities where you can repair and upgrade your bike, dine on the local cuisine, and fight your way through gangsters, bounty hunters, and all sorts of interesting characters, just so that you can have a decent meal and keep your bike running. Nothing's free in Desert Child.
- Explore a pixel-art solar system inspired by Cowboy Bebop, Akira and Redline
- Master deep combat and racing mechanics and define your own style
- Challenge your friends through local multiplayer
All in all, I would say that we've had a pretty good, but short, Nindies Showcase. If this page isn't enough information for you, you can always check out the full presentation, over here:
My highlights would definitely have to be a release date on Towerfall. I've been waiting for that game to come to Switch since I got one back in July 2017... The simple, but fluid, controls, tied with the huge array of maps and game modes, just makes this game one of the best couch co-op games I've ever played.
Another big highlight for me would probably be the reveal of the game Mineko's Night Market. For some reason, that game just looks like it has a fantastic and intriguing story with superb looking graphics; they'll definitely be a review of this when it actually comes out.
Finally, Into the Breach was clearly a surprise and something that I can't wait to try out, but unfortunately, it just makes me want FTL on the Switch even more. If FTL was to come out onto the platform, I don't think I would survive past a week; I'd probably go the way of Elvis...
Article by Sam Elliott